June 28, 2011

Project Life Tuesday

I've been meaning to talk about my newest project for a few weeks now, but never have sat down to take the pictures of it! It's called Project Life.  {No, they aren't paying me for this- I just love it!} 



I've read about it on a few blogs that I follow, and finally bit the bullet and purchased one of my own.  I think it would have to be my very first act of nesting.  I knew I wanted our little one to be able to go through our family albums and see all the fun Michael and I had- but I also knew I didn't want to spend a fortune on supplies and scrapbook materials, and I also didn't want to have to spend a ton of time creating a scrapbook.  This is where I knew project life would be the very best option for me.  It's a binder with  plastic inserts for photos, and smaller ones for journaling cards.  Here's the design I picked out and what it came with: 


It's been perfect for me because all I've had to do is print my pictures, organize them by event, and then stick them in the photo slot.  It's also nice because those other special things, like tickets from our one year anniversary to the aquarium, the note Michael wrote me the week we met, etc.  can all be placed in there too- all in one place, and organized! My favorite!

I have a lot of pictures from college, etc.  but I chose to start out with the beginning of our story.  There aren't a ton of pictures from those first few weeks, but I did manage to save a lot of other things like notes, etc.  Then, the longer we dated, the more I pulled my camera out and documented things! I really want to get fully caught up on all these pictures before baby comes so I can stay on top of her baby book.  I have decided that I will continue to use the project life for our baby's book and then maybe even do a 'family yearbook' electronically to outline the fun activities our family does each year!


So, I want to join the wagon and try to do a 'Project Life Tuesday" to help keep me accountable and posting pages I've completed each week! I'm sure I won't be able to post each and every Tuesday, and I'm not going to stress out about it, especially because my class load is doubling for the next few months, but I do want to make sure I catch myself up so I can stay up to date when Emerson arrives!

No comments: