April 21, 2010

Painting Projects: shutters and awnings

I finally got around to pulling out the ladder and painting the shutters and front door awning.  Here's a before of when we bought the house and the ugly awnings were still up there:




We Michael unscrewed each awning down, and even pried some of the caulk off to get these things down.  Looking much better already!








Here's a little bit of black paint to the shutters and the front door awning.  Don't tell anyone, but I could only paint a very small portion of the red lines black due to me being short and scared of heights!








What do you think? Michael doesn't think the black goes with the roof and the coloring of the house, I think it looks a heck of a lot better and I think once I finally get some red paint on the front door, it will look awesome!




p.s. Don't you love how Linus has found his way into almost every picture! He loves the front door!

No comments: