December 07, 2009

All lit up!

After our adventure of driving out to Green Needles and not having a way to pay, we went to a smaller Christmas Tree Farm and found the one. :) We didn't want our tree to be quite as big as last years, and we found a perfect one! I quite love her! So we picked our tree, tied it to the top of the X-terra, and drove home!








While at home, we pulled out all our handy Christmas color coded bins full of decorations! I love these, and I wrote exactly what was inside on the top of the bin. When we put these away, I will make an exact list and place it on top so if we are looking for anything in particular, it will be listed there!








I skipped a lot of our progress pictures, but here's the finished project! I wanted to change up the colors again, but Michael, the budget-savvy one said we needed to stick to what we have. So blue and silver it is again this year. It still looks gorgeous! There are some hints of red on the tree mixed in there too. I'm actually liking that combination, so I may add some more reds in the mix!












We weren't sure where to hang our long garland this year, and I thought over the large window in the living room. I LOVE it!












And, this is Michael with his new cell phone. ALL DAY. I mean, I love Christmas, but he's usually the one that is obsessed with Christmas, but today I had to beg him to help me decorate the tree, because he kept looking at his phone!
















How's your tree looking this year? Do you have any traditions like going and cutting down your own tree, or using the same ornaments each year- or are you like me and get bored by one color all the time?

No comments: