January 20, 2012

Mya's adoption day!

Remember my friends, Andy and Patricia?


I took these pictures above for them earlier last year as they were entering the adoption process, and needed some recent pictures of themselves for their album potential birth moms would look though.  Andy grew up in the Lynchburg area and took us to this super cool old mill where we got some amazing shots! We had so much fun and I absolutely loved my afternoon with these beautiful people!

Well, God answered prayers in a HUGE way in December.  They were selected to adopt a baby girl! 
I was SO very honored when Andy and Patricia asked me to photograph their special day.  What an incredible journey these two have been on and it is so amazing to see how God has taken hurt and truly fulfilled the desires of their hearts! They are awesome parents and I am just so so excited for them!


The placement was one of the most emotional things I've ever seen.  It was so special and amazing, I don't even know how to describe it.  I still start tearing up when I think back on it! and especially when I look back through my pictures.  The birth parents entered through the door with baby Mya and handed her over to Andy and Patricia.  There was not a dry eye in the room!
 
 Two of my favorite pictures of the day.  This baby is SO loved! 

 Below is the picture of Andy holding Mya for the first time. Absolutely beautiful!



Once Andy and Patricia got to cuddle her for a little bit, we all got to admire her too! 



Mya and Emmie are just 2 weeks apart! They had their first play date the other day! I am just so amazed by God's hand and His timing.

Congratulations Andy and Patricia! YOU ARE PARENTS! and good ones too! I love you guys! :) Thanks again for letting me photograph your big day!


No comments: