January 04, 2011

I was thinking about my list of 'New Years Resolutions.'  There are always the few that are the same each and every year, which makes me so disappointed to be at the same place that I was last year.  How many of us make the same exact resolutions year after year after year, without actually making the lifestyle changes.  I have a few 'goals' with my business and other things that I would like to do, maybe like Sydney and a bucket list for the year.  Here are some things I was thinking about: 


-A weekly date night with babes.  We try to do date nights, but setting aside one night each week for just us, where we won't bring our cell phones, and it won't include eating dinner in front of the tv. 

-Project 52.  I read about this on another blog, it's taking a picture every week and sharing it.  I think it's a great way for me to see the creativity that's all around me every day, and also ways to use my camera- every week. 

-Nightly prayer time with my babes. We've been doing this before we go to bed every night since the new year, and it has been so amazing already.  We've already seen God answer our prayers, and its great to come together as a couple at the end of the day and address our concerns with our Heavenly Father

-Be more active.  It's sad when I started playing our Kinect and realized just how out of shape I am! In the winter it's hard, I hate the cold weather, but just doing things like playing the kinect for a while, or even my Jillian Michael's dvd's again.  Oh those are torture. 

-Daily Challenges: another thing I saw on a blog, it's pretty neat.  They e-mail you every day your daily challenge and you think about it, and write it down, or share it with others to keep you accountable.  If anything, this will force me to take the time to reflect on where I am each day

-Continue to work on our house- AND not be overwhelmed with how much left we have to do, the messes it may make, or how long a project may take.  This is going to be a huge thing for me.  I tend to get overwhelmed easily with these sorts of things! 



So, there's my list of things I want to do this year.  Let's see if this year is any better than last :) 



No comments: