September 03, 2010

seasons


Recently I've been thinking a lot on this season of our lives.  There are so many times that I think to myself about how I just want this season of our lives to quickly be over so we can get on to the 'good stuff.'  I feel that too often, we get bogged down by all of the little details of our lives, and forget to look at the big picture, the fact that this is the good stuff.  I recently read this quote in Beth Moore's book, So Long, Insecurity: 

"You can cheat yourself of ever enjoying the terrific season you are experiencing because you are waiting any moment for it to change."  


What am I cheating myself of my not enjoying this season of our lives- why am I constantly waiting for things to change?!  Later on in the same chapter she says, "God has entrusted each of us- male and female- with a brief measure of time on this planet, and each season is meant to be lived abundantly, effectively, powerfully, and pricelessly."  

I need to constantly be reminding myself to think about how happy I am right now, because I truly am.  It's so easy to focus on the small negatives, until that is all that we see. 

No comments: