August 12, 2010

Dear Husband,

Baby, 

Last night, I asked you if you read 'our' blog ever.  I was surprised to hear that you acutually do, sometimes.  (I said 'our' blog, because you haven't actually ever written anything on here!) So, I wrote this, hoping you will read it sometime soon :) 

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about our lives here, in Lynchburg.  Sometimes it's really negative, thinking about where we actually want to be- but I'm so glad we decided to stay here.  I honestly know it's what God wanted for us.  It's so easy for me to be overly negative about things, about the house not being where I would ultimately like it to be, how we haven't yet gotten the fence up, how, how the doors are still just primed, and no matter what, there always seems to be a huge pile of dishes, just waiting to be washed in the sink, this list could really be endless- and all of these things stress me out.  I really do love our lives here- I love our house, and I love the time I get with you.

One of the many reasons I appreciate you so much is that you always put up with me.  When I start going off on one of my many rants about the house being dirty, you let me rant, and then you try to  make me laugh. I love it and hate it at the same time when I am sad or mad about something and then you come around and try to be goofy to make me smile.  There are sometimes when I just want to be mad- I just want to blame you for everything that's wrong, because you are here.  I know it is not your fault, but still I'm set to blame you.  Thank you for not letting me take myself too seriously.  I would be such a miserable person if you weren't around to encourage me. 


I am SO lucky to have you as my husband, you are the most encouraging and uplifting person I have even known. Thank you so much for all you do for me, for our puppies, for our future family, and even for our individual families.  I don't know anyone who is even half as lucky as I am.  Thank you for working hard at whatever job you have, for being someone I know I can always come to, and for helping me in anything I do. 

I am so thankful for you.  You bring out the best in me. 

Love you, 

The Wife.



No comments: