March 10, 2011

catching up

I love those moments with good friends where you just get to sit and catch up. You haven't talked in forever, but you pick up exactly where you left off.  I love friendships like that, and while I wouldn't always choose to be far away from a good friend {or even overly busy from friends that live down the road} it's so nice to have those great, comfortable friends. 

I think blogging is kind of like that, because let's face it- I make myself way too busy.  While I would love to be able to sit at a local restaurant, with a nice warm mug of coffee and talk straight up with you about what God is doing in my life- what God is doing in your life, and just be able to spend time with you.  I would love to be able to have this time with each and everyone of my friends but it doesn't happen.  I'm lucky to get quality time with a girlfriend once during the week.  I love that instead I can still catch up friends from blogs- and even make new friends in this blog world.  I have such a bad memory, that I love being able to look over my blog and see things that Michael and I did together, the fun times I've had with my friends, and even the small little home updates.  I wouldn't remember a fraction of these things if I didn't write them down. 

So, we've got a little catching up to do.  I've been a little busy- I've got three weddings booked for Ashley Eiban Photography- so crazy awesome yet SO nerve-racking at the same time! And now that the weather is getting warmer, I've got some amazing family, senior, and engagement shoots booked! I will share as they come along!  Michael and I are taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University Class with our church- on Tuesday nights, and then Wednesday nights is my small group.  By the time I get to Thursday, there are a million dishes in the sink {from what, I have no idea since I'm not home to cook} Laundry has multiplied into mountains in the basement, and I am exhausted.  How does this happen each week is the question I am wondering.  No matter what good intentions I have on Sunday, even Monday, things always end up the same way.  So frustrating!



A dear friend of mine from my small group, Audrey had a fun little get together for all the girls to watch the Oscars! We did what girls do best- snacked, chatted, laughed, and critiqued celebrities outfits! 


Audrey totally pulled out all the stops- including the red carpet.  Running all the way up the walkway, up the stairs and into the house! Here I snapped a picture of some of the girls walking in. 


Here's me and the awesome party planner herself.  Isn't Audrey adorable?!


And the whole gang {i had to threaten a few of the girls to get in here}


I've talked about my small group a few times on this blog.  They are seriously SO stinkin amazing.  We got to go out for a little 'retreat' in the middle of no where this weekend! We played games, studied the Bible, talked about how broken we all really are, and formed deep friendships.  Love these girls.  I didn't take a bunch of pictures from the retreat, but here are a few I took during the game Quelf.  So hilarious.  If you are a game lover, like me, you need to get this game!



Andy and Monique got a "roolz" card that any time they asked a question, they had to wink and put their thumb on their forehead.  So stinkin hilarious!

Faith and Crystal had to build a scuba mask out of household items.  The only thing we really had at the house was food {oh boy, we had a ton of food!} 

The retreat was totally awesome.  I am continually amazed at how much God is moving in these girls lives.  It's so encouraging to see how God is moving in other girls lives- it is completely rocking my world and my relationship with Him as well.  All I can say is God is so good!


So, I'm sort of caught up with what's been going on in my life with this crazy long post.  Now- it's your turn! Catch me up- what's new? Is God doing anything huge in your life too?

No comments: